Monday, August 10, 2009

Grumpy's of East Dennis

As I'm sure I've mentioned elsewhere, I've been coming to the Cape with my family for many years even though I'm originally from Illinois. Not surprisingly we very much plan our days around our favorite restaurants but also like to try new places that have popped up. For a hearty breakfast Grumpy's in East Dennis is most definitely a standard stop, sometimes more than once a trip ;-) On weekend mornings count on there being a line out the door, but the place is so fast-paced and quick-on-its-feet that even a large party of say 8 won't have to wait more than 20 minutes to get a seat. They have a fairly extensive breakfast and lunch menu, and eat day on the wall appears a huge list of all the daily specials from various stuffed French toasts to a lobster omelet. You can also get a number of their delicious muffins and other baked goods to-go.
Since I had already had a light breakfast a couple of hours before we all managed to get out of the house, I thought I'd have something light to eat (hah!) - the Corned Beef Hash Benedict - homemade corned-beef hash replacing the Canadian bacon and of course smothered in always-wonderful Hollandaise. Given the choice of hash browns or home fries, I was in the mood for Hash browns, which they actually serve in patty form a la McDonalds. In no time the dish was clean as a whistle.
The rest of my family all chose omelets - we're not ones for sweet (and typically unsatisfying) breakfasts. My father went with steak and cheese, my sister an interesting combination of chicken, feta, and pesto (at least interesting for an omelet), and the other two a sausage, pepper, and cheese combo. Per usual the meal left us very satisfied, both food and service-wise. Can't wait til the next time I'm on the Cape and fixin' for a good, hearty breakfast!

Grumpy's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment