Sunday, December 21, 2008

Orange Balls

The next installment in the Advent Cookie Countdown on this 4th Sunday of Advent is the recipe for "Orange Balls." I wish there were a more original name for these, but I suppose you know right from the get-go what you are going be eating.

Orange Balls

1 12-oz. package of vanilla wafers, crushed (Again, any inexpensive plain cookie would be fine.)
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 16-oz. package of powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 6-oz. can of Orange Juice concentrate, undiluted!

Combine all ingredients in a food processor in the order in which they are listed. Form into walnut-sized balls. Roll in powdered sugar and allow to "dry" for at least an hour before serving.

~~

Variation: Orange "Truffles"

The last time I made these, I halved the recipe...but I think I goofed and did not half one of the liquid ingredients since the cookies seemed to be softer than normal. So, after forming the balls and letting them dry for a day, we covered them in melted chocolate and then let those dry for day. We then wrapped the individual "truffles" in little squares of wax paper and put them in a candy dish. Everyone LOVED them!

Since it was a "save" from a mistake in the recipe, I don't know exactly how I did it, but I think basically, just add little extra OJ concentrate to make the mixture a little more moist and go from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment