Wednesday, December 17, 2008

When you want touristy Dublin in touristy New York

O’Lunney’s Time’s Square Pub

My friends and I got to NYC around 12:30, and had a 3pm showing of Equus in Time’s Square. We had a couple of hours to walk around, and decided to have lunch in the area. I’ve had my fair share of Time's Square food (i.e. TGIFridays for $17 a hamburger), but were were crunched for time. We found this small Irish pub on West 45th street, and decided to take our chances.

The pub was decorated just how you would expect an Irish pub to look. Lots of green, brown, and beige. We were seated promptly, and drinks were served. They had all the major import beers on tap, and most of my friends got pints. I got a traditional Irish Onion Soup, which was finished with a touch of cream and topped with a garlic crouton and melted mozzarella cheese. It was intense, but tasty.

Lunches were served quickly. I got a Cobb Salad Wrap with vegetables instead of fries. Jed got the Yankee Pot Roast which was sliced tender beef with rich pan gravy, mashed potatoes and a braised red cabbage. The potatoes looked amazing, and Jed couldn’t stop raving about the cabbage, even though he said he doesn’t normally like cabbage. Jon got a buffalo chicken wrap with no complaints.

I’m telling everyone about this place because I’ve been to Time’s Square a few times, and the food is always hit or miss. Always expensive, and sometimes not worth it. Well, I would say this place is reasonably priced, and has good food, with a nice staff. If you’re stuck in Time’s Square, you can’t go wrong with O’Lunney’s.

www.olunneys.com

O'Lunney's Times Square Pub on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment