Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Bryanie Martini


Tonight--in different parts of the city--Jeff and I are both in need of a martini.

I, for one, have a particular favorite. Here's mine; maybe Jeff will feel inspired after his and post something too! 

It just kind of happened one night when I didn't have any cucumbers to garnish my Hendrick's martini. (Cucumber is the recommended garnish for that particular gin because of its special ingredients.) I got the bright idea to add a cornichon or two instead. I mean, that's a cucumber, right...just pickled?! Then, I thought I'd "dirty" it up a little with some of the "pickle juice." The end product was perfect.

Bryanie Martini
6-8 parts Hendrick's gin
1 part dry vermouth
splash pickle brine
2-3 cornichons for garnish
Shake or stir the liquid ingredients and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with cornichons.

Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment