Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pieróg Casserole

I was talking about this recipe yesterday, so I thought I'd share it here with everyone. If you are craving fresh pierogi but don't have a good source to get them, try this easy (and delicious!) alternative.

This recipe is attributed to Dr. L. K. Varn whose family of Slavic ancestry make this wonderful carb-ridden dish during the holidays--or whenever! I write it below as it was dictated to me over the phone in late 2004. (Quantities are missing, so I'll have to do a little research & development--i.e., cooking & eating--to get it in a normal recipe form!)

Pieróg Casserole

-Boil Lasagne & Rinse.
-Boil Potatoes (peeled & quartered) in water and broth.
-Sauté whole onion in butter until very soft.
-Mix together the cooked potatoes & onions, butter, and cheese.
-Butter a casserole dish.
-Create layers of lasagne, potatoes, Salt & Pepper, and herbs--beginning and ending with lasagne.
-Mix together 2 eggs and 1/3 cup of Sour cream. Spread this mixture on top of the last layer.
-Bake at 350ºF for 20-30 minutes to brown top.

No comments:

Post a Comment